We are seeking a talented, self-driven technician with hands-on special events experience or experience using technical field equipment to help our show opperations team at live events
We’re looking for a technician to work alongside the company’s engineers to prep drones for flight and support flight operations. We are looking for someone who enjoys challenges and can prioritize based on shifting workloads and team demands in a dynamic environment. This position is based in Philadelphia, PA, but will likely require extensive travel in the US and internationally.
What You Will Do
- Prep drones for flight, including calibration and software loading.
- Test fly drones
- Use your fabrication and assembly skills to support drone development and manufacturing, including mechanical assembly, PCB inspection and rework, electrical bring-up, system test, field test, site deployment, and documentation
- Deploy and fly drone systems for events or during development.
- Repair drones
- Train customers on technical aspects of the system.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D).
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing technical work on electronics or electronics training equivalent to 2 years in a technical trade school or military technical school.
- BSEE/Technical training equivalent to an Associate's Degree and 2+ years of experience as an electronics technician
- Knowledge of basic electronics theory, circuit design, troubleshooting, and repair
- Experience interpreting technical drawings, diagrams, instructions, and schematics
- Good soldering skills
- Mechanical assembly skills
- Professional level SMT rework capabilities
- Experience with hot air rework and skilled in fine pitch hand soldering
- Able to work comfortably with wiring down to 40awg
- Comfortable using microscopes for long durations to perform delicate tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Basic understanding of schematics and board files. Ability to interpret board files and match traces/components to actual PCBAs
- Skilled use of typical electrical lab tools such as multimeters, power supplies, ethernet hardware, oscilloscopes, etc
- Ability to use and understand models in CAD, ability to modify CAD parts and propose changes is a plus
- Highly motivated, self-reliant and goal-driven to participate as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong demonstrated electrical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and facilitation skills
Why Verge Aero
- We are on the cutting edge of an entirely new industry
- Be a part of a high performing team in a creative and innovative environment
- No-nonsense policies and flexible work arrangements to best support our people
Who We Are
Verge Aero creates technology for drone shows and flies them around the world. The company is on the forefront of this new industry and has developed a proprietary, fully integrated system for the creation and operation of sophisticated shows. You might have seen our drones at the victory celebration for President Elect Biden or on NBC with the US Olympic team and the Jonas Brothers.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org